Thursday, August 22, 2013
Hello fellow students, past and present LPE members, faculty and friends!
We would like to invite you to an informal social event (check out the attached flyer) hosted by Lambda Pi Eta, Cal State LA's only honors communication society. It will be a family-friendly social event that everyone will enjoy. We encourage everyone to bring food and drink of your culture so we can have a diverse, fun time. Bring your family and friends as we bid farewell to vacation and hello to the start of a new school year!
Wednesday, May 29, 2013
Weds, May 29th
Introduction from Benjamin from Papermache.
Papermache is a beta program designed to help connect undergrad work through an interactive academic site. Social cloud storage of your research papers that help curate professional resumes with your actual work. Further your curiosity, spend more time on message content. Upload your graded papers and share them with other academics. Special features include automatic citation, comment sections and academic credit to those from whom citations are drawn from. "Better information on campus".
Graduation Ceremony updates:
White boards were passed out, templates will be emailed shortly. Please fill in the information and turn in no later than Friday, June 7th to our executive office located on the second floor of the Student University Union in the Student Organization Offices (Directly above Starbucks). On your board, paste an 8 X 10 professional photo and your completed template along with the 4 black corner markers.
Cocktail hour will be from 6 - 7:30pm, 6 - 7pm Wacky Photo Booth
7:30 ceremony begins.
Each student has a one minute time period to give a shout-out/say thank you as they receive their cords, please be prepared.
Key note speaker: Any suggestions???
Araceli pitches her "Senior Prank" idea:
To shed more positive attention to CSULA, LPE will spearhead a flash mob-like group on the metro from Chinatown to CSULA's campus with President Masks and positive quotes from various presidents throughout history building on the idea that CSULA has a new president. We would like to get 500+seniors involved.
Cap & Gown Disbursement and New LPE Executive Board inquiries.
4:00- Meeting ended.
Tuesday, April 16, 2013
4/15 Meeting Minutes
3:15- Meeting began:
- Graduation Packet was dispersed. Our grad ceremony will be held off campus to coordinate with CSULA's Graduation Banquet.
- $30 per ticket, no limit on purchase while supplies last.
- Happy Hour will be extended to 8pm for cocktail hour. Doors open at 6pm and ceremony will begin at 7pm.
- Ceremony will also be held for non-LPE members and tickets will be made available to them Beginning April 22nd.
- Volunteers are needed to help decorate.
- Graduation Ceremony Application Due: Monday, May 13th
- Photos: Every meeting we will be taking photos of members to include on Facebook and in graduation slideshow. Next meeting we will be posing with LPE letters in front of the CSULA sign.
- Please submit a photo of yourself and a brief description of your accomplishments to be placed on display during graduation banquet.
3:30- Upcoming Events:
- Proposed camping trip during the 3rd week of May. Enough interest was shown to proceed with planning event. Site will be Crystal Cove in Laguna, price is roughly $20 also includes one meal and snack for a one night event. Space will be limited.
- USC Masters Program Information Night (Annenberg)- Please RSVP on Facebook, space is limited. April 29th at 6 pm.
3:45- 2013/2014 Executive Board:
- We are beginning the application process for the new board, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on our emailing list. New board will assist in graduation ceremony to learn about the process.
3:55- Meeting Ended